Tuesday, March 20, 2012

PROLOGUE


Dreams, Aspirations, Frustrations, Goals, Ambitions... abstract concepts that fuel a person's drive to live a happy fulfilled life. 

The moment we became conscious of our existence, we started setting goals for ourselves - we started thinking ahead. The problem is, we tend to plan our lives in a straight unilinear path as if everything is constant - a given; but as much as we try to convince ourselves that our future is clear and intact, reality makes it a point that we know otherwise. We encounter bumps, we get side tracked, and at times we are pushed towards a different direction.

I am (or used to be) a person with a very idealistic concept of life. When someone asks me what/who I wanted to be in the future, without hesitation I would answer: "A DOCTOR". I used to have this well-scheduled life plan laid out in my head, which includes the pre-med course I am to take, when I am to graduate, etc. Obviously, the plan was shattered. I forgot to take account of the externalities that may come into play as soon as I am out of the sheltered life of High School. The realization that my future isn't as intact as I thought it would be was devastating to say the least. But I knew that I had to do something, I just can't stand there and watch my life fall to pieces; so decisions had to be made -  some I’m proud of, some I'll regret. But at the end of the day I cannot change the past, but I can let go and start my future. I know that I’m smart, I’m talented, I’m working my way towards being physically fit, and most importantly I have people who loves me standing by me. So whatever happens, I am not afraid to face tomorrow... not anymore...

No comments:

Post a Comment